Arrive one step ahead. Pre-arrival services that are initiated earlier in your immigration journey will help you effectively address your needs and build connections within your new local community and between pre-arrival and post arrival services.
SOPA Staff understand the importance of early action and preparation, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Which province are you going to?
About Ready To Work
This course helps refugees prepare to work in Canada. Register now to get an early start on your job search!
Why Take This Course?
- It’s interactive and easy to study, using WhatsApp
- Learn with an English-speaking Canadian facilitator
- Get customized, one-on-one feedback
- Be the first to earn the Ready to Work course certificate
- At the end of the course, get access to job search resources
- Be more prepared to get a job faster
You Will Learn About:
- Canadian Job Market
- Job Search Strategies
- Job Interview Preparation
- Employment Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- Canadian Workplace Culture
Ready To Work Eligibility
Who Can Take Ready to Work?
Refugees destined for Canada who can communicate in basic English using WhatsApp. Course material is provided in English and Arabic. You will interact with the course facilitator in English. This course is free for eligible refugees.
How Long is the Course?
It will take you 4-5 weeks to finish the course. Each week, you will complete 2 topics and activities as homework.
- Mobile device or computer
- Latest version of WhatsApp
- Data or high speed internet access
Ready To Work
- Topic 1: Canadian Jobs
- Topic 2: Applying for a Job Search
- Topic 3: Job Interview Preparation
- Topic 4: Parts of a Job Interview
- Topic 5: Your Work Documents
- Topic 6: Employment Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- Topic 7: Workplace Rules
- Topic 8: You and Your Workplace
- Topic 9: Course Summary
When you have finished the Ready to Work course, you will receive a personalized course completion certificate.