Meet with an experienced SOPA employment specialist from your province of destination to learn about the latest job market information for your field. During your employment counselling session, you can receive coaching in setting career goals and help to become more confident when engaging with Canadian employers. Your employment specialist can also provide you with clear next steps for your employment journey.
SOPA’s employment specialists live in your province of destination and can help identify relevant city-specific resources and support that can help you reach your unique employment goals. Our team is also mindful of how challenging it can be to navigate a new job market, and they are here to motivate you and help you stay focused on meeting your employment needs.
Your SOPA employment specialist can also help you with the following as needed:
- Resources about licensure and regulatory bodies in your province/Canada
- Resume and cover letter support
- Mock interviews
- Networking resources (professional associations, mentorship programs, information sessions with employers)
- Professional development resources (student financial aid, grants, bridge training programs, microloans for newcomers)
- Referrals to relevant post-arrival services
- Career change planning and resources
- Return to a work action plan
Approved to immigrate to Canada? Register with us today to start planning your employment goals.