Updated: February 23, 2023
SOPA is recruiting past clients to volunteer their time with us! We are looking to for SOPA clients to help support and engage our LinkedIn Newcomer Networking community. Thus, we are looking for SOPA Community Ambassadors to post regularly and encourage discussion. SOPA Community Ambassadors are those who have gone through our SOPA program, used our counselling services and completed our courses. They understand how crucial it is to prepare before coming to Canada to ensure a successful settlement. They are passionate about helping other newcomers in their own settlement journey. We are currently recruiting 6 Ambassadors for each province.
What You’ll Do
- You will post regularly in our LinkedIn community at least once a week per person
- Monitor your posts and address comments and questions
- Be open to questions from the community
- You will research resources that are appropriate and applicable to the SOPA community
- You will encourage others to post and have discussions in the community
What You’ll Have
- Have been a client with SOPA
- Ability to commit to at least 3 months
Must be able to represent SOPA and interact with everyone appropriately and respectfully
- Must be comfortable with Social Media
- Must be able to respond to questions and comments with professional and inclusive language
What We Offer
- We will give you training and ongoing support throughout your time as a Community Ambassador
- We will act as a Canadian reference
- An excellent and growing community
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with SOPA. Please fill out the application and we will get back to you within the next 2 weeks.
Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (SOPA) provides guidance and customized pre-employment support designed to help newcomers find and retain employment in Canada. Approved to immigrate to Canada? Join us in our SOPA courses before your arrival to prepare your résumé and your mindset for Canadian success!