SOPA for Refugees introduces you to important information about the Canadian job market, job search process and Canadian culture, through an interactive, online course called Ready to Work.
SOPA (Settlement Online Pre-Arrival) provides online pre-employment support, customized resources and workplace readiness training for immigrants destined to Canada. All SOPA courses are available at no cost to newcomers who meet eligibility requirements.
READY TO WORK
This course helps refugees prepare to work in Canada. Register now to get an early start on your job search!
Why Take This Course?
- It’s interactive and easy to study, using WhatsApp
- Learn with an English-speaking Canadian facilitator
- Get customized, one-on-one feedback
- Be the first to earn the Ready to Work course certificate
- At the end of the course, get access to job search resources
- Be more prepared to get a job faster
You Will Learn About:
- Canadian Job Market
- Job Search Strategies
- Job Interview Preparation
- Employment Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- Canadian Workplace Culture
Who Can Take Ready to Work?
Refugees destined for Canada who can communicate in basic English using WhatsApp. Course material is provided in English and Arabic. You will interact with the course facilitator in English. This course is free for eligible refugees.
How Long is the Course?
It will take you 4-5 weeks to finish the course. Each week, you will complete 2 topics and activities as homework.
- Mobile device or computer
- Latest version of WhatsApp
- Data or high speed internet access
- Topic 1: Canadian Jobs
- Topic 2: Applying for a Job Search
- Topic 3: Job Interview Preparation
- Topic 4: Parts of a Job Interview
- Topic 5: Your Work Documents
- Topic 6: Employment Rights, Rules and Responsibilities
- Topic 7: Workplace Rules
- Topic 8: You and Your Workplace
- Topic 9: Course Summary
When you have finished the Ready to Work course, you will receive a personalized course completion certificate.